Wednesday, April 17, 2013

On My Hook/Off My Machine:

Hello Everyone,
I have decided to crochet a simple, but elegant pattern: 
A Big Granny Square
This allows my mind time to focus on matters at hand while I crochet. As you can see, I still have a ways to go before I can post the finished project. I really like the color scheme. 
Hope you do too.



___________________________________________________________________

Now for what's off my machine. If you remember, I was working on a quilt here. Well, I am finally  able to post the finished project. I don't quilt as often as I would like, because I get so consumed with crocheting. But, it is a good thing when I can get to my sewing machine.


My thought for today: So much, but yet so little.
 So much to do and so little of me to do them.
Thank you for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt - and I love the colors you chose for your granny blanket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting and following ! I follow you back.
    Your big granny square would look lovely turned into a cushion ! and ooooh aaaah what a lovely quilt !!
    I cannot wait to make my first quilt !

    Take care,
    xEva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think about that. Maybe I will make a cushion to go with the afghan and give both as a gift. Thank you for following and visiting. Kathy

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your visit :) Love to hear from fellow crafters. I am not that great at sewing but I do know very simple basic techniques. I started making a 9 match (simple and lovely pattern) quilt last summer with my mamma helping me, of course. Your quilt is so lovely, I think I just might have to dig my "undone" one out of the cabinet and finish it this summer!

    Love the big granny square for a pillow or a blanket. Your colors work well together and I too cant wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Eva,Thank you for your lovely comment. That is what I did, dug my unfinished quilt out of the basement. In fact, I have lots of unfinished quilts waiting for my attention. I would also like to send you an invite to join my blog. Kathy

      Delete
  4. Love the colors you chose for the afghan, and I love the quilt too! You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your big granny square. Pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete